Register for future updates
What would happen if the whole of the UK was plunged into darkness by a nationwide electricity blackout?
We’ve never been as reliant on power as we currently are. No electricity means no internet, no phones, no email, no transport, no money. Society would quickly unravel before our eyes.
But it’s never happened before, right? It couldn’t happen… Or could it?
The way we generate power is shifting to more unpredictable sources, while the risks (both natural and man-made) to our infrastructure are rising fast. It’s just a 1-in-200 chance we’ll suffer a complete grid failure in the next 5 years and if that happens it could take up to 5-7 days before power is fully restored and supplies begin to return to normal.
the Blackout report is the most comprehensive look yet at the challenges facing the power industry, data centre operators, IT administrators, risk management specialists, business continuity professionals, and anyone tasked with site security and disaster recovery.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why Our Evolving Energy Mix Leaves Us Vulnerable
- The 5 Biggest Threats To Our Electricity Supply
- Are We Prepared For The Worst?
- "When, Not If" - Rating The Risks
- 7 Days Of Downtime? - Restarting The Grid From Scratch
- Catastrophic Consequences - A World Without Power
- Could Your Business Survive?